Feb 3, 2009

Pictorial Pemba - Part III - Office & Pajero

This is where i spent my office hours in Pemba. The little room from where i used to manage the branch operations. For the Africa skeptics - yes i had everything an office requires. Printers, scanners, a 3 in 1, an internet connection, good cushioned chairs, etc etc


The intricately carved wooden file rack belongs to the owner of the place. If i could, i would have brought it to India.


And this is the wonderful creation from the Mitsubishi stables, my Pajero, which has been with me like a faithful dog. It followed me from Quelimane to Pemba, withstood the 500 km journey i made to Montepeuz and brought me back in one piece from the 12 hour journey i made to MDP.


The gentleman in the background is Niraj Joshi - my Indian friend in Pemba, about whom i have made a mention in some previous post. Its is at his place that i used to enjoy some home cooked food.

1 comment:

mana chuabo said...

Dear Kodi,Quelimane is one of the most beautiful place on the earth,even Pemba-old name was Porto Amelia is also very beautiful.Regards-Mana.